Tuesday, September 28

Last night i dreamt...

This morning is the first morning in a long time that i can remember enough of a dream to write it down. Last night i had a bunch of dreams. One was intensely terrifying, another one was wacked-out...this one was just...hmmm.

I don't remember if there was anything that led up to this, but all i know is that suddenly i was in Andrew's USC apartment...except it was Sarah and my's bedroom; and it was bigger; and there were art supplies and little weird watercolor paintings everywhere. The paintings were of simple figures, dancing on muted backgrounds with slashes of paint strategically disrupting the mellow colors. As i fiddled around the room, I tried to write some music on a program on his computer that, very strangely, featured Homestar characters as the program hosts or mascots or whatever. Maybe because Sarah was looking at Strongbad e-mails last night...
Anyway, for some reason or another, i went over to the sink (yes, in my dream there was a sink in the room). It was extremely dirty with paint and shavings and the like, and i searched the small shelf above it where i saw one of those paintings of a girl in a long dress twirling against a soft rusty orange background with streaks of olive green splashed onto it. Next to the painting there was a flyer, i'm assuming, for one of those AGO get-togethers. The only part of the flyer i can remember is a small section where, for some reason, someone had written some Morrissey lyrics. Not real ones, of course, my brain made them up. It was remembering the lyrics when i woke up that made me remember the dream. I can't even remember all of them. I only recall one section of the lines, and so it's a bit out of context, i'm sure; but here they are:
Will Jesus be there?
I've lost another Jewish Ramone.

I reeeeally wish i could remember the rest. Anyway, that's all. I thought people would find it at least a little bit interesting.

4 comments:

Leslie Andrew Ridings said...

surely, my apartment isn't *that* messy.

Good lyrics by the way!

Jeff said...

I was looking at Strong Bad e-mails last night also... coincidence?

Tim P. said...

dreams with vibrant colours in them can be nice; i really enjoyed reading the dreamed Morrisey lyrics too. "Another Jewish Ramone" and "Jesus" makes me think that your subconsciousness was arguing for positing the latest Ramone that died as a messianic figure for the punk world. :)

colleen said...

You want to know what the weirdest thing about that is?
I had this dream before i even found out he died. I didn't even know until i told it to someone and they made (sort of) the same corollation you did!
coincidence...or conspiracy???