Sunday, October 17

"Sunday Morning...

"...praise the dawning."

Well...i got into my first car accident this morning. I realize i wasn't missing much...
And...you guys will never believe it...it wasn't my fault! Seriously! I really did always think that my first accident would be my fault because of my insane driving habits. But i digress...

My mom, Sarah, Laurel and i were on our way to church on a busy surface street. We had been singing hymns in the car and talking about how amazing it was that we left on time. We drove for about 20 minutes and i got off the freewway...
I was driving in the right hand lane because i was going to make a turn soon, when suddenly a white sedan pulled in front of me and slammed on their brakes to turn into a gas station.

Now, it had been raining all night and morning so the roads were slick, so luckily i wasn't going as fast as i usually do. Not that it would have mattered because as hard as i tried to pump my own brakes, all i could do was watch in slow motion as my mom threw up her hands and said "shit" and my truck skidded straight into the back of the car in front of me, my mom yelling "God DAMMIT!" on impact.
We lurched forward with a jolt and i sat dazed staring out the windsheild as my mom continued to seethe and ordered me to pull into the station behind the people i hit.
I was freaked out because the majority of rear-endings are the fault of the person in...the rear! And there's really no way to prove you weren't at fault if no one else saw it happen...which thank God a couple of other cars did! And they gave us their numbers and info in case we needed it.

Luckily, though, the people i hit didn't even try and deny that they were the ones who took the blame. I'm guessing that they either don't have insurance, or ust didn't want it reported because they told us they'd pay for everything....and the man in the car owns a body shop in that area, and said he'd fix it.
i sure hope it works out alright...

But for now, my front bumper is all smashed in and my hood is bent up and jiggles ominously. There was some kind of electrical shortage or something...so none of the lights in the car are working...the door lights won't go off so i had to get my boss (who works with cars) to take all my bulbs out so my battery doesn't die. The lights on my dash aren't turning on so i drove home in darkness after work tonight. at least my headlights are okay.
sigh. I hope that this isn't an omen for the coming week.

It was funny seeing my mom shoot her mouth off like that. Every once in a while i'll catch a glimpse of her college-aged self through her present good mommyness that fascinates me.

The weather was impeccable. So that's a plus! What a weird day, though. I won't even get into all the stuff that went on after 11:00 this morning.

I hear mom Sarah and Laurel laughing by the fire in the living room...
Sarah wrote a screenplay. It's really good.

I've had Velvet Underground stuck in my head all day.

it's cold. i wish it would keep raining.

I watched a movie last night that made me really sad. It seriously made me hurt...i almost wish i hadn't seen it. It's weird how i react to things.

I feel strangely disconnected with myself right now.
hm.

1 comment:

Jeff said...

I wrote my post 30 minutes ago, then checked my e-mail, wrote an e-mail to a friend, and decided to see if you or Andrew had written any new posts and I was a little weirded out about by your post... I felt a little eerie when I finished reading it because of your last sentence. Yeah, disconnected... me too.