Friday, October 1

Happy October!

Yesterday was a day of many treasures! In more ways than one...
First of all i didn't have to drive my sister to school early that morning. aaaaah, precious sleep!

After getting out of class early (always nice), Kristina and i went to lunch at the resteraunt i work at where i got a free meal (key when you are a low-paid full time student), and after dropping her off back at school, i trucked it on over to Border's, a personal favorite hang-out of mine. There, for the next two hours i took full advantage of the wealth of written word at my eagerly searching fingertips and anxiously waiting eyes. After a bit of initial bumbling around i went upstairs to the world history section and spent some time reading up on Medieval and Celtic history and comparing multiple translations of Homer's the Odyssey. They were all extremely different, and that frustrated me. So i traveled elsewhere. I found myself in the "Tolkien section" as i call it, for there are nealrly 4 shelves dedicated to his writings and i drooled over the many gorgeous hardcover books of his fantastical history that i would one day own! But not that day. So i journeyed elsewhere and found myself staring at the thick, colorful array of art books. I scoured the shelves for a good publication of Mucha's artwork...but found none; to my utter disappointment. I should write a letter. Frustrated a second time, i left to seek my fortune once again. I made my way downstairs to the language section where looking through books on German verbs and Irish grammar always prove to be of giddying fun for me...despite the fact i can hardly understand what i'm doing. i'm so bizarre!
To say i left the store empty-handed would be a falsity, as i left with a rich desire to go back again. Which won't take too long! Besides, i was saving my meager funds for another adventure that evening...Amoeba!

I finally ecsaped my grandparents house around 5:45...later than i needed to as i had to make my grandparents an impromptu dinner before i left. As i pulled out of the driveway i checked the maiI...and i saw it.
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind! It came!!! I ripped open the cardboard packaging and almost drooled. No not really...um...cough... It's one of the most strangely uniquely beautiful films i've ever seen...I remember i wished at first that there were more like it, but now I'm glad there are not because it makes it all the more wonderful. I pulled out of the driveway a much happier person than i was all of one minute before. Which was fortunate.

I got to Kristina's house at about 6 o'clock. Half-hour late. I arrived just in time to watch the Presidential debate with her, which, of couse, was very entertaining. Just look at the two contrasting characters we have scrappling for the same office! I won't get into that now. I'll probably never talk about polotics on this blog. The most that i'll ever contribute to our current political circus is my right to vote.
Anyway, we watched the debate, and she then put in a bizarre anime series that she said, of herself, that "lots of people told me i should see". After 2 episodes, i was practiclly begging for her to turn it off. She heartily agreed. I'll just let you finish it on your own time, Stina! We talked, looked at pictures, discussed Oktoberfest on Saturday, laughed at some videos from our summer trip to Sedona...
Pip arrived a little after 9:30 and was offered a casset tape of the Dave Matthews Band by (Kristina's sister) Rebekka. Needless to say he was less than elated to take it off her hands. (why did you even take it??) And so we where off to Hollywood! We got there at about 10:00 and parked in the Arclight structure. As we walked through the courtyard outside the theatre, we noticed that there was some kind of film festival going on...the Silverlake Film Festival, to be exact. It was tempting to try and get in, but at the lack of our swanky dress, we decided against it. Besides, Amoeba closed at 11. And no, we didn't see any famous people. Actually, i don't think i've ever seen a celebrity in Hollywood before. hm.

Once inside the mammoth building that is Amoeba, i pulled out my lovely little scrawled list of CD's i was to look for. I thought ahead this time! I usually go there so unprepared i become a bit overwhelmed...but this time i had a plan. mwahaha...
We left the store as it closed it's doors...K & P with their own found items, me with 3 new CD's. The Pixies (who i'm very interested in right now), Cat Stevens (despite his recent...mishaps), and Elliot Smith's record XO. Great album.
Pip decided to take the scenic route home...and we got a little lost. Which is okay on a beautiful cool night with good new music to listen to. When we pulled up at Kristina's house, Pip turned off his car, we all prayed together and then parted ways.
I didn't listen to any music as i drove back to the house. i just thought.
I drove into the driveway around midnight and quietly got out of he car. I walked through the front door and went to the back of the house to find my dad watching the news, my mom shuffling aroud in the attic, and Sarah reading in bed. No need to be too quiet i guess! My grandparents can't hear anything anyway. So...
I talked to my mom.
I argued with my sister.
I showered.
Did some stuff.
And went to bed around 2.
aaaaah, sleep!

No comments: