Wednesday, October 27

Another music post...HAHAHA!

I go through phases with the music i listen to...sometimes only listening to only one or two cd's for a week or more. I recently went through a period of a couple of weeks when all i listened to was the Pixies and Bjork. For no particular reason, really. It was just my mood. The recent cold and rainy weather has softened my tastes slightly for the time being and i'm currently partial to Sufjan Stevens and my mix of celtic music i made. "Seven Swans" is such an awesome record! I hadn't heard it in a while and i just started listening to it again...it's soothing and satisfying...a lovely combination. I've been enjoying the Muse a lot, too.
Pip and i decided that the next mix CD's we'll create will be the most random, bizarre collection of tracks we can think of. I'm going to have fun with that.
Today my sister and i were eating at this Malaysian place and i heard a song playing that i felt i HAD to have for my crazy mix! I asked the shy waitress what the CD was and she looked confused and said she'd go check. At this point Sarah was laughing at me because she thought i was acting weird, and i started chuckling. They must have gotten confused and though i wanted to see the actual disk, so the music stopped and i looked over to see 3 asian people gathered around the CD player arguing with each other. I felt bad and i started laughing even more at the akwardness of the situation. When one of the older women came over to give me the CD to look at, i had a full-blown laugh attack. Actually, i had 2 laugh attacks. Obviously i was already giggling as she approached me but there was something about the combonation of the look on her face and the fact that i tried as hard as i could to act cool and read the cover of the CD until through my teared-up eyes i realized it was all in Chinese. I felt so stupid my nervous laughter kicked in and i looked desperately to my sister only to find her hiding her face with her hands, her shoulders shaking.
Tears began to form in the corners of my eyes and i looked up athe woman to ask her a question in hopes it would calm me down...and she was still wearing the same quizzical, penetrating, bewildered look on her face that broke me up in the first place. So my question went something like this...
"he he he!...so....um....i'm sorry...hee hee hee hee!...um...so could i...he he!...maybe...he he he he he he !....oooooahhhh....
sniff...um..."
And so on. In silent laughter. It was terrible. I don't know if i've ever been so embarrassed.
The rest is unimportant. The fact that this is the second time this has happened to me in a resteraunt kind of worries me. I can't be taken anywhere anymore!
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagggggggggggggghhh.
I won't eat there for a while.
The CD was by a lady named Teresa Teng by the way.

No comments: