Saturday, June 5

not loneliness

This evening is one of those times that all i desire is a moment alone. i'm feeling very burnt-out. the tired i feel right now isn't just physical...my spirit is feeling winded. i was asked to about 3 different, well, "get-togethers" this evening, but i knew i just couldn't go without somehow sacrificing some part of myself. i know most people find it strange for someone to want, to enjoy, to cherish instances of solitude...yet when i can experience it, with the right heart, i almost cannot think of a better way to spend an evening than in peaceful, restful, productive solitude. Yes, i said productive. i can gather my thoughts, i can read, i can sketch, i can dream, i can pray. i can find more beauty around me with no distraction, i can ponder the glorious mysteries of God, and the life He's given me.
Or i can study...which is what i need to do tonight. we'll see how that goes. It's such an amazing evening...and my brain has yet to convince my mind that, alas, i am notout of school yet!!! So frustrating.
I pray that Jesus shows me something...

No comments: