Wednesday, June 2

June 2

It was very hot today, and i think it's just going to get hotter. As much as i dislike wearing short sleeves, this morning i donned a t-shirt...i'm glad i did! for one thing, i got to show off the lovely doodles scrawled up my arm by my sister last night.
i was up early...well, 8:00 a.m. is early when one goes to sleep at 2 a.m.
i really love to be up early, even when i'm tired. especially in the summer...when the morning is cool and the day is pure. when the air is still and silent and you feel like there is no one on earth but yourself to take it in. something about it gives me such a sense of joy.
And how did i spend this joyful morning?
Cleaning my room, of course! i stripped my walls of all my pictures and hangings but my calendar. it's a calendar of Ireland. it's very cool.
i tackled a corner of my room behind my desk where i've stuffed all my artwork, knitting, and lotr memorabilia. i got rid of some of my old crappy art, and stuffed the rest into portfolios and set some aside to give to my high school art teacher. I put all of my lotr clippings and stuff in boxes and rolled up my poster.
my room is so empty now! and all the walls look terrible, as now you can see all the places where the paint has been peeled off over the years. it's kind of sad...i don't really want to paint over it. oooh, Sail to the Moon by Radiohead just came on.
Every time i sat down to study for italian, something distracted me. me! distracted! go figure!
i woke up Sarah around 9, and went back to wake her again at 9:30. i don't know how she sleeps through so much...it was noisy at this point with the cleaning lady vacuuming, and the "miracle method" man refinishing the upstairs bathroom.
i met Kristina at school instead of picking her up. i was walking down the hall when she just about tackled me from behind as i tried in vain to get my hair off my neck with a pair of knitting needles. We walked to class together and decided that if Meier wasn't going to talk about anything important, we'd just leave because Pip&Andy were meeting us at school and we were all goint to...you know...hang out and stuff.
After about 20 or so minutes of Meier wisdom, we walked out to find Pip and Andrew rounding the corner just ahead of us! Looking sharp as usual, Pip in a boy scouts of america t-shirt and a murse, and Andrew sporting a slick D.A.R.E. number, they walked up to us. I gave Pip the knitting needles that wouldn't stay in my hair. They're his mom's.
We decided to go to Trader Joe's. They have food there.
We climbed the 5 flights of stairs to the top of the structure and drove to TJ's blasting the new Muse CD. it's very hardcore. Mi piace!
As we drove into the parking lot, i fondly recalled a night not too long ago where the 4 of us found ourselves in the same spot one evening. Pip decided to be a rebel and tag a big rig...using his finger. it was a very dirty machine, and the words "pip was here" or whatever it was, showed up quite clearly.
Too clearly, i suppose in hindsight.
The driver of the rig spotted this less-than-offensive action and just about chopped Pip's head off in seething smoking fury at such a blatant act of disregard for the filthy property of other truckers. tsk tsk.
Anyway, Kris and i got prepared salads, and Andrew bought a middle eastern meal with hummus, fallafels &c.i also bought green tea mochi. oooooh yea. Pip got a bag of lettuce with caesar salad fixings in it. he forgot a fork. hehe.
We drove to a park, grabbed a blanked out of the back of my truck, and sat down in the sweet shade of a tree. It was so hot.
We all were quite amused to watch Pip eat his lunch with his fingers. When we were finished eating, i broke out the now half-melted squishy mochi...which Kristina wouldn't even try because they felt funny. I had one, and let the 2 boys duke it out over the remaining 5. Mouths and fingers covered in flour, or whatever is on them, we all laid down and just enjoyed being in each other's company, despite the heat, jostling of elbows and occassional face palmings. i can't even remember anything we talked about. i just know i could only think about how much i loved each of them and how happy and grateful i was...i am...that God saw fit to bless me with such amazing friends.
This was only half way through the day. But that's all that mattered to me. There were more classes, more chances to show off my tattoos, i saw Laurel, went to work, watched a movie with my sister...all in good fun. But nothing came close to lying under the tree with 3 of the most important people in the world to me.
i hope the summer brings more "good times" our way. That or the Lord will.
Until then...more school. which i have tomorrow.
night.

No comments: