Wednesday, March 30

so...


I got home yesterday to find an envelope on my bed...and i opened it to find...
i got accepted to Laguna College of Art and Design!

and i'm thrilled to pieces. in all honesty. And terribly apprehensive...but i'm trying to ignore that feeling for now.

Yesterday when i called Katie and told her, we were both squealing "yay!"s into the phone. We had just gone out for coffee that afternoon and i was telling her how anxious i was to find out one way or the other. So that was an answer to prayer.

Most of the other people i've told weren't so excited; "that's great Colleen...but i knew you would." or, "oh. cool. i told you so."
I guess i was kind of expecting it, too. They really liked my portfolio, and the Lord just seemed to be opening so many doors...but i just didn't want to get my hopes up. you know?

One thing i was NOT expecting was the partial scholarship i got...which is amazing. And i'm so so thankful!

but there's so much dread, so much dread in me.
W-H-Y.....................

yet i can't wait to finally get my life started. Kind of like Andrew said in his blog...but i'm not quite in the same place he is in many ways.

maybe this will help.

3 comments:

Jeff said...

Congrats Colleen! That is awesome!

Oh, and I found two rare songs by Cat Power that are awesome. I think I am seeing Johnny the Pirate tomorrow and I'll give him the CD to give to you if I do.

colleen said...

cool.(:

John Holland said...

Congrats! What type of artwork do you do?

And hey, being a mod is cool. The Who were mods back in the day.

John