Saturday, March 5

grossvater

I know it sounds awful, but right now i wish my grandpa would just die and get it over with and stop preying on my mother's fragile state of mind. Isn't that a terrible thing to wish for? especially when i don't know if he even knows the Lord...he's just so cruel and just horrible to my mom. And to everyone. He abuses peple...verbally and emotionally. As you've seen on merely a few occasions on here. I've stopped writing about it because it just gets too frustrating.

The other night my mom told my grandfather that the way he treated her when she was trying to help him made her feel "like a big old stool". Basically, a piece of shit.
"well that's what you are," he replied to her.

I wanted to slug him. I wanted to physically harm my 91-year-old grandfather. And i wanted to do it again tonight, when, as my mom was in the bathroom trying to tell him why he needed to bathe once a week, he told her to get out, go to hell, and stop making his life miserable. I was inches away from the bathroom door before i felt a resistance beyond myself to open it up and tell him how much i hated him.

How many people as stobborn and belligerent as my grandfather at 91 have a warm, comfortable home where he can be with his wife, his family, have 24 hour loving care, 3 hot meals a day, sleep, watch tv, and be waited on hand and foot?
It's very hard for me to want to do anything for him. When i give him a bowl of ice cream and yells at me for putting it in a small bowl, i want to shove it in his face. When he tells me what i have to say is "baloney", i want to scream right back at him. When he sneezes so loudly it makes my grandma jump in fright, and then laughs, i want to throw one of his many varieties of sweaters ha changes 7 times a day in his face.
He has no idea how lucky and fortunate he is.

I just can't wait to get out of here.

No comments: