Monday, August 30

i'm right where He wants me.

Tonight after a long day at school and work that started at 5:45 am...all i wanted to do was go home where it's cool and clean, hug my mom and have her lovely dinner with my family at our kitchen table; talk, read, do some writing, and have some nice, quiet time in my room and get to bed before 11.

Tonight after school, work and marketing, my sister and I got back to my grandparents house around 9. I opened the windows to air out the smell and the heat and ate some cold take-out in their dining room with my grandpa glaring at me from the couch, the tv blasting news of murders and hot weather. I unloaded the groceries and cleared out a space on the bottom shelf of the refrigerator so my dad, sister and i have a place to put our food where my grandpa (hopefully) won't rifle through it. I did the dishes. I consoled my grandpa repeatedly that all the doors would be locked that night. I got my grandma dressed and ready for bed and argued with her about whether or not it was a good idea to take her back out into the living room to watch tv at 10 at night, until grandpa, laying snugly in bed, snapped at me to do what she asked me to and let her do what she wanted. So i did, and gave her her evening pill. Then i wrote my mommy an e-mail about my day and told her how glad i was that she was settled in Sydney. I argued with my sister over whether or not we should dye her hair at 11 at night. I took a shower and stood in front of the wall heater the way my mom used to when she was little as i dried off. I stepped into Sarah's and my room to find her throwing junk all over the floor looking for her wallet, bemoaning the small size and unbelievable crampedness of our joint living space. I asked her what time she needed to be at school in the morning.
We argued about what a terrible idea it was for her to have a class at 7 am...considering i'm most likey the one who will always drive her.
Then I decided to write this while Sarah got ready for bed so she wouldn't keep me awake. Sarah just walked in with a swim cap on. I won't ask. At least she's ready for bed.
good night...i'm going to check on my grandma.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1 comment:

Leslie Andrew Ridings said...

I want you to know
He's not coming back

Look into my eyes
I'm not coming back