Monday, August 16

I didn't know i had so much junk.

Our room is a real, royal, bona fide mess. And i am at this moment supposed to be organizing it.
I won't deny that my impulse to run screaming from the house isn't strong in me; but i have so far overcome it. I forgot how irritating and hectic moving is...especially when one's life is crazy enough already. But is there ever a "good" time to move? I guess not.
Sarah just put on Aphex Twin and laid in her bed to nap. Ah yes, the cleaning is off with a bang!
I just looked at my thumb and there's a face on it.
Am i just procrastinating right now?
It's really weird not feeling like you have a place to call home. Sarah gets mad at me because i still refer to this house as my grandparent's house. I'll get over it. It'll just take a while.
I can't believe summer's almost over! Somehow i don't even remember it passing. Isn't growing up weird? You just forget to look at things.
At church yesterday we had a sharing meeting and the last person that got up was a girl named Anna who's about 2 years older than me. She talked about how the young people today (she referred to those in the church, but i'm just speaking in general terms), between the ages of 18-40 she said, need to stop waiting to feel like they're grown up and just do it.
Somehow i guess i did kind of feel like i'd hit something...like a plateau or some kind of maturity pique and i'd realize i was an adult, in the sense of feeling grown up. I suppose most people don't realize that they're there until they've been there for years. And some never do.
I'm not sure if i want to. I'm still not sure of what it entails, but i assume that as long as the Lord is leading me i'll be just fine.
Maybe He'll help me clean this room before i go to work.

1 comment:

Leslie Andrew Ridings said...

I'm cleaning up my room as well. *sigh* So much stuff.

It's really nice to go through it all and trash a lot of stuff, though. I kinda like the idea of keeping just a little bit of stuff, to the point where I could just fill a backpack of my most precious posessions and take off to never return. Ooh! Wanderlust is so romantic (in the 18th century literary way, not "kissy lips" way).

--Andrew