Monday, February 21

hail!
it hailed today...about the closet thing i'll ever see to snow in Pasadena.
if you click on the picture, you can see a bigger version of it.

Driving through it to go to work this evening was a bit tedious...i couldn't really see where i was going. In addition, in my neigborhood, there were literal rivers of brown, muddy water running down the streets and into the one i was driving on. Despite how slow i drove, my truck couldn't keep from looking like one of those mud-soaked SUV's you see on car commercials.
I felt very tough.

A few minutes later, as i got on the freeway, It suddenly began clearing up. "Oceania" by Bjork came on, and i gazed up at the clean sky, and smiled at the bit of blue poking through the storm clouds. It was pretty cool.

Needless to say, work was pretty slow. I guess no one wanted to be out driving this evening for some reason. Pip stopped in for a spell, and my family came in to visit me, too, which was very nice...they even stayed for dinner.
At one point, i walked into the waiting room, where Nena (a woman i work with) was about to take 3 people to sit down, two men, well-on in years, and a woman who looked to be in her mid-60's. Standing in front of Nena was one of the elderly men, perhaps between 75 and 80 years old. He was bundled in a very large, drab, plaid jacket and had a black cap on his head. He stood a bit hunched over, and supported himself on 2 canes, one in each hand.
I walked into the room just in time to see him say to Nena, "well watch this." And with absolutey no warning, he handed her the canes, curled his hands into two fists, and bent slowly but steadily forward and touched his knuckles firmly to the floor...unwaveringly, knees perfectly straight. The other man smiled on in approval, while the woman merely rolled her eyes and gave her head a little shake, as if becoming bored with his, "showing off". He then took his canes back from Nena, and proceeded to walk shakily into the dining room.

Needless to say, it amused and delighted me greatly. I pointed him out to my family as they walked past, and they hardly believed me when i told them about it.

ugggg...got to study German...did i mention I'm taking German 2? Did i also mention that i was crazy?

oop...it's raining again.

No comments: