Sunday, October 19

visiting

On thursday of last week i had the wonderful privilege of visiting Elizabeth, the author of this stellar blog. i'm hopefully going to do some portraits of her children for her...all 5 of them...which i am so excited about! but spending time chatting with her and playing with her twins was definitely the best part.


pumpkin bread! (i got to take some with me)





Jorai and Jasiel get some bread too





The Lord has done some very interesting things in my life through this blog since i created it years ago. this was hands down the most lovely and rewarding experience so far. i'm so thankful :)

in other news...things are just plain craziness. what are you doing God? i have no idea. the pain and beauty of relationships, trying to find work, having no money, the fact that i'll be 26 on wednesday...just beyond my capacity to handle. completely.
good thing i'm not in charge of all this stuff going on...both in my own personal life and for those around me. the last week was so strange...satisfying and good in a lot of ways; in others just baffling. but that doesn't matter. things are working out, and that's all i've asked for.
i'm being taken care of.
Sarah, Alec and i visited Pip's church today and it blessed me greatly. so much more than i expected.

in fact, i think that can be the theme of this last week: "More Than I Expected" whether something was bitter or sweet...it was an abundance.
hm.
lots to think about. i'm tired.

i can't wait to start drawing!

~

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Happy Happy Birfday, Colleeeeeeen!

I wish I had more pumpkin bread for you and a great big hug!

I loved meeting you and have been thinking about it everyday. You are in a difficult place right now---that sort of transitional stage that can be so frustrating! I'm praying for you!

XO
Elizabeth

Leslie Andrew Ridings said...

"good thing i'm not in charge of all this stuff going on...both in my own personal life and for those around me."

Do you really believe this? Do you really believe it's totally out of your hands?